Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bo Barks at BIG JOURNALISM



I started a regular feature today, the Bo Chronicles, at Andrew Brietbart's Big Journalism site. The series will catalogue life with President Obama, as told from the viewpoint of his dog, Bo, the smartest pooch in the world, and a secret conservative. Fun ensues.

Here's the start...

Bow-wow. You can call me Bo. I’m President Shoutout’s family mutt, a Portuguese water dog with curly black hair. My real name isn’t Bo, but I’m not telling you my real one. Bo is fine. It’ll do anyway. Took the White House brain trust four months to come up with it — you wouldn’t believe the names they actually considered. Let’s just say that “Alinsky” was a contender until Axelrod said “why don’t you just name it ‘Arafat’ and kiss off flyover country for 2012?” Yeah, he called me “it.” Axelrod’s a real sweetheart. Barry’s chief political advisor, which means he spent the whole presidential campaign sending candygrams to the press corps so they wouldn’t do their job. He could have accomplished the same thing with a Hershey bar stolen from an orphan’s Halloween bag. I got his number. Axelrod smells like cabbage and tries to kick me when Barry’s not looking.

read the rest at the link